Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Incomparable Yosemite

Into this one mountain mansion Nature had gathered her choicest treasures, to draw her lovers into close and confiding communion with her.
- John Muir

It's been over four years since I first and last saw Yosemite Valley. It seems like a lifetime ago that Jay, Tim, Jose and I charted extreme sledding courses through the hills of Wawona...

Wawona, March 2006 (Photo Credit Jay F.)

...and Jay took his world-famous coyote picture:

Yosemite Valley, March 2006 (Photo Credit Jay F.)

'Bout time to go back, ya?! Labor Day weekend wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm really excited about joining some old friends for the trip, and I'm sure I'll find one way or another to sneak away from the crowds.

Here's the gear layout...


...and detailed food log. I'm trying out a couple new things - especially excited about adding the instant refried beans to my ever-evolving tuna stew!


Back with a report next week. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment