Monday, July 19, 2010

Off to Idaho...

I had a great trip last summer to Idaho for the wedding of my good friend and original SCCC founder Tim (a.k.a. T-Bagzz) and his fellow-outdoor-lover-wife Kimberly. I camped on the shores of Payette Lake near McCall (in a sweet thunderstorm), and along the way from Boise explored the beautiful and wild Payette River. Here's one of my favorite shots from that trip:


This year I'm headed back for a mountain adventure with the crew (plus new puppy Gus) to central Idaho, amidst the Sawtooth National Recreation Area. I'm particularly excited about the mammalian wildlife prospects, including bears, badgers, beavers, bighorn sheep, and bobcats...cougars, coyotes, elk, and foxes...moose, marmots, and mountain goats...squirrels, rabbits, wolves, and wolverines...and not a trace of p.o. or buffalo! I really hope I see a wolverine - check this guy out, he's rad:

ARKive video - North American wolverine chasing and catching snowshoe hare
Gear's all ready to go:

Checking in just under 40lb, but not yet loaded up with food

Back with a report in a week or so - assuming I come back...

No comments:

Post a Comment