Monday, August 1, 2011

Secret Spot

Took a quick overnight to the secret spot, where I had another epic wildlife encounter...

Another great secret spot sunset, this time with a "finger cloud" and a crescent moon

A couple hours after watching this beautiful sunset, I was off in the woods taking care of (and minding my own) business (thank you) when I was stalked by a wild mountain lion. From the journal:

"my headlamp caught a pair of eyes reflecting back at me about 30' away. I figured it was a deer, and made noise to scare it off. It kept staring at me. I could tell by the way it slinkily moved that it was not likely a deer. I clapped and yelled, but it just kept pacing behind a bush. I could make its shape out now...cat-like but too large for a bobcat. Maybe 70 lb...small for a mountain lion! I chucked a big rock at its face, and it slinked to the side. A second rock finally scared it off into the bushes. The whole thing was pretty nuts. I figure maybe a young lion who really doesn't know people too well, and/or was confused by the bright light of the headlamp."

I sure do seem to attract the wildlife...

No comments:

Post a Comment