Sunday, June 26, 2011

Somebody Can't Keep a Secret...

So, cruised up on Saturday for a quick getaway at the ol' Secret Spot. I kinda knew it would be a test of its secretiveness, being a Saturday in the summer and all. Sure enough, upon arrival I found three sets of campers already set up, with four tents between them, a veritable mob by secret spot standards. Someone had even brought children. GASP!

Undeterred, I employed the Super Secret Solitude Strategy (henceforth to be known as the S-Quad), and proceeded up the mountain. Along the way, I ran into Bambi and her mother:


Soon I had arrived at a very acceptable spot for the night, where I took a picture of this sunset:

It's not as good as this one, but let's be honest, what is?

Now then, technically speaking, I wasn't allowed to camp here. But, technically speaking, I was camped back at the secret spot, and since technically speaking I didn't have a camp stove, didn't want a campfire, and had securely strung the rest of my belongings (including my tent) up in a nearby tree...


...technically speaking, I wasn't camping. I was just having a long night of stargazing. I'm not gonna lie, I was mildly concerned about the bear coming to visit, a rattlesnake slithering up in my business, and/or a wild band of coyote vagabonds stumbling upon me, mistaking me for a giant roadrunner, and exercising their much-deserved revenge. But...none of that happened, I had a relaxing night, and the worst of it was a mildly annoying attack from the spineless mercenaries of insecta. Hey biting flies, what's your frickin' deal anyhow?

Camp Stargazing Site

Buried deep in the safety of my cocoon, I slept soundly and awoke early at first light...


...with dawn bringing a very pretty, shadowed, hazy scene of the distant mountains:


Success? Success. Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment