Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Runyon Canyon

I wanted to sneak away for a quick hike this afternoon and enjoy the sunny day, so I decided to hit up Runyon Canyon. R.C. is a notoriously crowded place, so I figured a random middle-of-the-week trip was the best bet.

I headed to the north entrance, just west of the 101 off Mulholland. The parking lot was packed even at 1 o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon. Sigh.. L.A. I found a spot down the road a little bit, and proceeded to hit the trail.

There were plenty of folks around, many with dogs in tow, and most very Hollywood, outdoor-poser looking. I'm not an outdoor snob. I swear. Still, the 3 mile loop hike was very enjoyable (I took a counterclockwise route), featured great views of the city, and was done in about an hour. The westerly side is definitely steeper, and I didn't particularly enjoy the downhill on a slippery dirt trail. In the future I'd vote for going clockwise to take that section uphill (and laugh at the aforementioned gasping, out-of-shape posers).

Camera is still out for repair, so no pictures, but soon again, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment